To empower volunteers to serve their communities
- To create and foster a spirit of understanding among peoples of the world
- To promote the principles of good government and good citizenship.
- To take an active interest in the civic, cultural, social and moral welfare of the community.
- To unite the club in the bonds of friendship, good fellowship and mutual understanding.
- To provide a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest provided however, that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by club members.
- To encourage service-minded people to serve their community without personal financial reward, and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in commerce, industry, professions, public works and private endeavors
About the Bel Air Lions
The Bel Air Lions are part of the World’s largest service organization – Lions Clubs International; an organization of over 1.3 million volunteers in over 200 countries. Lions are based on a very simple principle – what if people put their talents to work improving their communities?
The Bel Air Lions serve the community through two organizations: the Bel Air Lions Club and the Bel Air Lions Foundation. Each year, the Lions Club members participate in over 300 service activities totaling more than 8,000 hours of service. In addition, the Lions Club provides over $40,000 in donations and other services to the community each year.
The Lions Foundation provides scholarships to local high school students based on their service to our community. From 2016- 2022, the Foundation has provided over $60,000 in scholarships.